Thursday, January 31, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
- I have made it to my 100th post! To commemorate here is 100 things about me in no particular order.
I love to people watch, sometimes I stare. I don't mean to but I am really curious!
- I bite my nails-I have been doing it as long as I can remember.
- I eat oatmeal at least three times a week for breakfast
- At the Gym I always put the elliptical on the highest resistance. At least twice a week I use the stair stepper (It really hurts)
- I love reality TV aka The Hills, The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Keeping up with the Kardasians and many more!
- I TV-O all these shows and watch them at night after Ryan has gone to bed
- I have lots of cookbooks, I just counted 29 but I really only use 8 of them regularly.
- Even with all those cookbooks I use at least 3 online recipes a week!
- I hate laundry! I don't mind washing it, but I hate to fold and put away. I just feel like it is never caught up, I have resolved that it never will.
- I love straws and Real glasses. Except for sippy cups and Ryan's few dishes, we don't have one plastic cup, plate or bowl! Real dishes only!
- I love to make soups and freeze them . It really comes in handy when your husband comes home starving and I can make a quick and delicious soup and grilled cheese.
- If I had a choice I would eat salads for every meal, When I was a little girl when people would ask what my favorite food was. I always wanted to say salad, but I thought they wouldn't believe me!
- I have been in a TV commercial, I lived in Beverly Hills as a little girl and my mom would take me to auditions!
- I love sports, but I am not very sporty, I like Golf and Tennis, someday I hope to improve both games.
- I love to run and want to run a Marathon Before I'm 40!
- I worship the sun, In the summer I am found at the pool or laying out by it!
- I shave my legs every day!
- I love taking pictures, especially of Ryan, Next year I want a professional camera. I think I would put it to good use!
- Blue is my favorite color- Robbin egg blue and Martha Stewart blue
- I hate pot lucks, I don't mind if its with people I know well, but In general think they are disgusting!
- I love cake platters and stands.
- Actually I love any type of kitchen gadget!
- I love the smell of cinnamon and vanilla candles
- I used to plan weddings and parties
- I love to plan every detail from the food to the color of each flower
- I love linens especially table linens
- I brush my teeth more than twice a day
- Ryan does too! Because he loves brushing his teeth!
- I love limes and always order them with diet Pepsi
- I wear the perfume Amarige by Giovinchy and have worn it for 9 years!
- I love chunky jewelery but only like simple earrings.
- I served a Spanish speaking mission in California
- My first car was a u-go, It was really embarrassing but it got me around, some of you may remember it!
- I was born in California
- I have lived in CA, VA, OH, NJ and UT!
- I lived in California the longest and Utah a close second
- I have played soft ball and volleyball on a team
- When I was five I took a cheer leading class I still remember the cheers, (Texas cactus...you need a little practice...)
- I have degrees in Business and Interior design
- I love ice cream! I really don't have a favorite flavor because there are so many good ones
- I love Paris and want to go there someday!
- I am a people person , I love company and don't like to be alone for an extended amount of time.
- I have four sisters and two brothers
- My sisters were in the room when Ryan was born, they said it was really awesome!
- I hate scary movies, I cant sleep if I have watched one.
- I love decorating for Holidays! I think it is so much fun!
- My favorite Holidays are Christmas and Easter
- When I was young, my dad would turn off the lights, I shared a room with my sister, we would turn them back on and read. Sometimes I would wake up with a book on my face.
- I also got in trouble in gradeschool for reading under my desk during Science and Math!
- I was called the Glitter Queen in 3rd grade because I loved glitter and it followed me everywhere.
- My favorite place to go is the beach, the sounds of the waves bring back lots of memories
- I think you make better decsions if you shop online, I do most of my shopping that way
- I look at other peoples teeth (sorry but I really do)
- I love music, all types especially country and the top 40
- Once at the gym I was singing out loud on the treadmill the guy next to me asked me to please stop. I was really embarassed, his wife is now one of my closest friends! (That was over 7 years ago)
- I took voice lessons when I was in highschool, my friends would laugh at me because I would sing every popular pop song in opera or classical style. ( I dont do this anymore either)
- I was in Muscials in Highschool and College
- In Highschool during my freshman year my seminary teacher asked me to sing in class, I had been working on a song by the Carpenters"You light up my life" I sang it for my class. I almost cry thinking of it now, who would sing that song in a seminary class? Not one of my proudest moments
- I love Pride and Prejudice- Mr Darcy especially! I also like most classic movies like Emma and Sence and Sensibilty.
- I love to shop! I love Nordstoms and the Mall, Target and The Outlets
- I'm an accessory guru!
- My favorite veggies are asparagus and green beans
- I love European chocolate, especially dark
- I heart Martha Stewart, love her creativity
- I've made PB ornaments and really cute baby girl shoes!
- My favorite outfit is too small, lame
- I always want to have a killer tan, I dont right now but I used to tan. I might start spray tanning again real soon!
- I loathe scrapbooking, seriously
- I enjoy looking at photo albums
- I am ALWAYS late to church
- I am afraid of the dark
- and fish
- and SHARKS!
- I despise dust and dirty kitchen floors, I try to mop every day sometimes twice
- I am not a bargain shopper/if you are lets go shopping!
- Jamie is!
- I adore Ryan
- Sunglasses are necessary
- I love celebrity mags
- My favorite place to eat is Market Street Grill
- I've worked at Nordstrom's
- and Ethan Allen
- and Shaw Floors
- and Abbey Floors.
- I love to cater events
- I once catered an event in D.C. for Gov. Jon Huntsman
- I almost killed my roomates in college chasing boys over railroad tracks
- I drive a white Honda CRV
- I'll never drive a minivan, it's ok if you do, I might eat my words someday..
- I'm starting a business, Your Savvy Nanny.
- I love to travel
- My favorite beauty product: Mary Kay Mascara
- I like designer diaper bags
- I would rather have a smaller house and lots of toys
- I dream of money- not really but I think about it alot
- I could be pregnant right now, who knows?
- I would like to work professionally but Ryan is my number one
- I love my friends and cherish each one of them!
- Can you ever get enough GNO'S? (Girls nights out)
- I want a huge gourmet kitchen now please!
I can't belive I did this, I have been working on it for three days! Enjoy!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
This is a real picture! Great White Shark! I am a little creeped out!
- Sharks, Jaws did not help, neither did open water, sea world or the Discovery Channel. I love the ocean, but try not to think about Sharks!
- Dark (I know silly but I prefer a light on). I make Jamie leave lights on for me. Once I am safely in bed the lights can go out!
- Scary Movies or documentaries. Really anything spooky makes me uneasy, I have a very vivid imagination!
- Getting a Kidney Stone, I have had them before and they are more painful then having Ryan! Once in was in New York with my mom, I thought I felt one coming on and I burst into tears. Luckily it was a False Alarm.
- Spiders, I am afraid of black widows, and sometimes wonder when I go into the garage if there is one in there. Then I quickly get out! On my mission in California, we were teaching a woman who lived alone. One day we had an appointment with her. When she answered the door I almost screamed out loud. Her entire forehead was sticking out about 4 inches. It was oozing and disgusting. She had been bitten by a black widow in her sleep. I am itching and squirming right now! True Story!
- Being a passenger in any car. I have a little bit of anxiety (Jamie might say a lot) when other people are driving. Another mission story, I was companions with girl who drove so badly I feared for my life every day! I have not been the same since. I am a nervous back seat driver and tend to grip the handles until my knuckles turn white.
And now I am curious, what are you afraid of?
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
- Where did you meet your husband? At work- I was his boss. He would leave diet cokes on my desk, and would help me with tasks that no one else would. when he would ask me out I would turn him down because we worked together. I had called into work because my car wouldn't start. He heard about it and came right away. To thank him I took him to lunch. He wouldn't let me pay, he looked at me and said " this is a date". It took a couple more weeks before I finally gave in.
- First thing said? I'm sure it was "Hello I'm Emily nice to meet you. Welcome to our company" I do remember he smiled and asked me questions,(where are you from? etc...)
- 1st date? It was a really nice date. I even remember what I wore really cute banana republic pink pants! We had dinner in Old Town Alexandria at the Chart House a really nice restaurant that over looked the Potomac river (we also went to the same restaurant on our wedding night). You could see the Washington monument all lit up. We walked around outside. It was really beautiful! We danced under neath a lit gazebo, and he tried to kiss me. I let him give me a quick kiss, (in case you think he was moving to fast we had known each other for 5 months)
- 1st kiss? You might think that it was the night of our first official date, but I did meet him one night for a quick dinner after work, we decided to play pool, and talk. We had a really nice time. That was 2 months before our first official date. He tried to kiss me and I gave him a quick kiss. As I was driving home that night I decided to tell him that I was not interested. Valentines day was only 2 weeks away. Even though I had turned him down he brought me a huge bouquet of beautiful roses.
- How long did you date? We dated for 8 months before we got engaged.
- Where did you get engaged? Well Jamie had planned a date, but I was really sick with a terrible cold. He was taking care of me. I was in bed, he had brought me some movies and medicine. We were watching a movie and he leaned over and proposed. It was not the ideal situation but sweet and he had the ring and was excited.
- Where were you married? We eloped at a beautiful home along the Potomac river.
- How did the reception go? We didn't have one, because we eloped. But when we get married in our church, we will be having a party! How could a wedding planner not plan her own party?
- Where did you go on your Honeymoon? We moved to Utah 3 days after our elopement. We were busy packing and getting ready for our big move. We drove separate cars all the way from DC to SLC hoping to make it in time for Christmas! One of our cars broke down three times, the transmission went out twice, we got it fixed in Nebraska, we made it to the state line and it broke down again. So it got towed back to Nebraska with half of our belongings. At that point we were so late getting home, we decided to drive the other cars the rest of the way and Jamie would come back after Christmas for the big van. We had to stay in the most random cities, wherever we broke down. Jamie felt really bad because I cried a ton on that trip! I tried to do some nice things to make it special (aka dinners and a few funny sites), and we talked on our walkie talkies along the way! The most funny thing I will remember is it was so cold and we had a love sac on the top of the van, it fell off and Jamie and I were out on the freeway in the middle of a snow storm trying to get it back on. We had a dog at the time, and somehow we were able to sneak her into every hotel we stayed at and didn't get caught! We had added 4 or 5 days more then we had wanted, and finally pulled into My parents home at 2 pm Christmas day! I have made a promise to never move in our own vehicles again! One nice thing was my dad paid for us to stay at a few nice hotels as we traveled, I was so glad, a nice room made the trip bearable.(we got the honeymoon suite too!) So again after we get married in our church-maybe we will go on a real honeymoon!
- Do you have a song? Yes Goodbye by Clint Black and Winona Judd. We listened to that song all the time while we were dating. Jamie would sing it to me!
That was fun- I tag Megan, Sadie,Teresa,Amanda and Amber
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Crepe Recipe (I make two double batches)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs and milk. Gradually add in the water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. I use my smallest sauté pan. Pour into hot pan using a 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. The edges will peel away slightly. I loosen with a fork.
Cook the crepe until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Set aside, separate with wax paper so they wont stick.
This makes at least 30 crepes. It makes two 9 X 13 pans
▪ 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast.
▪chicken stock or bouillon. Enough to cover chicken breast and boil 8-10 cups
▪3 regular sized blocks of cream cheese.
▪ ½ cup chopped celery
▪ 1 green onion sliced really thin including green stem may want to add more if you like onion.
Preheat oven to 350-Boil chicken in stock until cooked. Let cool. Set out cream cheese to room temp. Saute celery in 2 tablespoons of real butter until soft at the very end add green onion. Once chicken has cooled shred chicken in a large bowl, add celery and onion and cream cheese. Mix well, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to keep the prettiest part of the crepe on the outside. Spoon two tablespoons of mix into the center of each crepe. Roll tightly into rolls. Spray Pam on the bottom of your pans arrange crepes, with end side down. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle good grated Parmesan cheese on top. Bake until warmed through. Parmesan will be crisp and melted. Enjoy! Great for a party or special event.
- whats dat?
- whats dis?
- and now HOT
I think after getting burned yesterday he was suddenly aware of Hot! I was giving him a bath this morning and told him the faucet was hot. Then I showed him the flat iron and said HOT!
A few minuted later he looked at me and said clearly "HOT" and pointed to the faucet.
Now I wish he would just say mama!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
- Snow and lots of it! We woke up this morning to a blanket of snow, Ryan came to get in bed with us. Jamie opened the blinds and we all watched a beautiful snowfall.
- Scrambled eggs with home made jalapeno jelly! It was so yummy!
- Scarfs- I cant get enough of them. I find a way to wear one every day!
- Dark Chocolate covered pretzel crisps! So good!
Diet sprite with a splash of cranberry juice and a lime! So refreshing and seasonal!
- Slippers- I am wearing Jamie's right now, mine are up stairs! Love cozy feet!
- Ryan-he is trying so hard to talk! He sings too! If I can video it for you I will!
- White Tulips! I know its not spring, but I saw some on Saturday and they were so beautiful. I bought two bunches and put them in a vase with a large chocolate ribbon. They look so lovely!
- Dixie Chicks-so It has been a while since I have put any of those Cd's in. But when you do-it is so great, brought back lots of memories. Makes cleaning more enjoyable too!
- Rumbis Vodoo Salad- I know I have said this before, on Saturday I met Jamie and Ryan for lunch, (they had gone to the car show) and I thought to myself, I could eat this everyday! And its healthy BONUS!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
2 sticks unsalted butter
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Yesterday I met up with a friend of mine Jessica for lunch, we went to our favorite place, the Porcupine Grill. On the way I was caught in a snow storm. I saw 6 accidents, and a semi that had flipped over. Once lunch was over the sun was out, and the roads were clear. That's a typical Utah Morning storm!
I made a Quiche, and am watching American Idol, relaxing! Enjoy your evening too!
This Bouquet was made from only tissue paper flowers! Pretty Amazing right?