Monday, April 7, 2008

UGHH!

It is snowing! I have on a space heater, just shared a bowl of hot oatmeal with Ry, and am cuddled up in a blanket watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I have errands to run, and I really don't want to go outside. So I went to one of my "go-to" websites VRBO. Have any of you ever visited this website? Here is the scoop. It is a website for Vacation Home Owners. They Rent their vacation homes out to the public. And the prices can be such a steal. Especially for a beach front location.
So while it's snowing outside, I thought I would share with you one of the Vacations Jamie and I are in the process of planning for next year. {My friend Sarah introduced me to this site when we lived together in Alexandria}

{actual house}

Our top pick is a trip the the Dominican Republic. Here's why: great beaches, great prices, other fun entertainment close by. The house we want to rent is " The villa de las Serenas" A five bedroom and five bath private villa, with a private beach, pool, maid and cook! The cook will cook whatever you want her to! Fresh lobster or crab, smoothies, and she will even bring your drinks to you while floating in the pool. Does this sound like a dream come true? I wish we were there right now! The cost is what is so great at $1225.00 PER WEEK . That is for 4 guests. You will tip the maid and cook at the end, but they have a recommended amount and it is not much with the exchange rates. My friend stayed there and the groceries cost them around $120.00 for the entire week, and that includes the tip! If you want to cut costs the villa sleeps 10 people invite some friends or family!

The main cost would be in your flight, but you can find good deals year round. Dominican here I come!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Oh I want to go on vacation SO bad! That sounds awesome. You'll seriously have to let me know how it goes. I'll have to look into it. Cute pics of Ryan too...He sounds like Luke, minus the dressing up, he hasn't caught onto that yet.