Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tip of the day!

I have Ryan's second Birthday on my mind, I have been keeping my eyes open for the perfect party favors and decorations!{The theame is BOUNCY PARTY, lots of balls,balloons and circles with bright fun colors. If you have any ideas please send them to me!} I think this idea form Matthew Meade is so much fun! If you would rather use glass plates for your party you can actually decopage right on them! After the party you can soak them in hot water and the paper will come off! Here are his directions:

Decoupage Plates
I love creating these types of plates for decoration. I developed a couple of images on photoshop to use. Look for these crimp-edged pieces at Crate and Barrel.
To make these projects, use our
download designs. We ‘re offering an 8” x 11” size for small dishes. Larger projects call for a trip to the copy center.Mod Podgescissorsfoam brush
Turn your
download design upside down, and use a pencil to trace the bottom of the plate. Cut the circle out. Brush the bottom of the plate with Mod Podge, and place the design onto the plate.You may need to use your fingertips or palm to smooth out any ripples or air pockets. When the Mod Podge has dried, trim any excess paper that may extend past the edge of the plate.If you want this to last as a decorative piece, seal the back with another coat of Mod Podge, and adhere a piece of felt over that layer. If you would rather this be a temporary item, soak the plate in warm, soapy water, and the paper will peel off.

{I would make sure that modge podge is safe to put food on first}

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun idea! When is his birthday? I'll keep my eye out for ideas too.

Caprice Erickson said...

Thanks Em! Your so cute... I am very eager to hear :) Happy Late Birthday by the way... hope you had a fabulous day!