Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mudroom Inspiration

With the mounting piles on my kitchen counter and the shoes by my front door, the keys and odds and ends left on my entryway tables and the endless vacuuming by the front door, I find my self yearning for a mud room! The never ending storage, cubbies and baskets would solve so many problems for me! Alas that will not be in my near future so instead I will have to just dream about having one. I love these mudrooms, each one unique and beautiful but nonetheless functional! I could do so much with a space like this!



{All pictures from Remodelingcenter.com}

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I love room #4. Is that metal on the bench top?

Ariana said...

Ugh, I totally know what you mean! Especially in the winter with all the snow and salt tracked into the house. Bleh. The only shoe solution I have come up with is an over-the-door shoe organizer (either vinyl or canvas or whatever) in that coat closet downstairs. That at least gets the shoes off the floor and out of sight. We have two of them actually -- one over the door one and one that hangs in the closet itself. I also use them to keep little random things organized, like bubble solution, gloves, hats, sunscreen, etc. It works well.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I like the second one from the bottom the best. I wish I had one too especially since we just have mud all around us now!!

Melissa said...

Wish'n and Hope'n! I so want one someday too. Love the ones you've found.

Tonya said...

I love the mud room ideas. Someday, right? I am always carrying loads of shoes upstairs to put away. It's so annoying.

Emily said...

Treece,

I think it's wood, but in the picture it looks so shiny. Stainless would be a fun medium though! Especially on the wall, then you could use magnets to hang up reminders, and the kids homework and stuff.... :)