Friday, April 4, 2008

The Best Birthday Ever

SURPRISE! And I certainly was.


Jamie had planned a surprise party for my birthday. I had a feeling something was up, but I had no idea it would be a party! I had such a fun time! Many of you were too generous with your gifts and I felt like a queen for a day! And to Jamie: you did such a good job! (Mom you too!)

{Jamie and I at the Party}

We had a fiesta with Cafe Rio Salads, and yummy Desserts. Jamie asked me what my favorite Desserts were, I mentioned a few, Market Street Raspberry Almond Torte,Godiva Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory, Chocolate covered Strawberries and a Market Street fruit tart! If you want to know what can sabotage your healthy eating? Every single one of the desserts were on display! I think we all had a hard time deciding{most of us sampled them all} YUM!

{Gifts, Thank You Everyone}

Earlier in the Day my Friends stopped by, you know who you are, one friend tracked me down at my pedicure apt! A few other highlights, the sweet and thoughtful gifts, cards, cooking tools,cookbook, pans, bake ware, cake stand,candle, Gift cards, jewelery and Jamie's surprise: An I-POD! So fun and I can't wait to download my first song!

{Tina and Amelia}

I really appreciate the great friends I have. On a lighter note, I ended up with 60 Balloons in my living room! Two friends had the same idea{30 Balloons for turning 30}, and I LOVE Balloons. My house looked so festive and still does today. Ryan loves the balloons and I have not had to entertain him today! SO Thanks so much! These are the only pictures I have so those of you who took some please send them to me !

So turning 3O, I say not to shabby!

{PS: Jamie did miss a few of you on the invite list! I'm sorry but he really tried to do his best}

{Its hard when he can't ask me questions}

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a fun day! What a sweet honey you have.

Teresa said...

You are a lucky girl...and Jamie is a good man. Was it his idea?
Wish I could have been there.:(
I have the Giada book, it's pretty good. I just wish she had chicken marsala in there.
Cute cake stand! How many do you have now?

Emily said...

Treece,

Yes it was totally his idea! I was really impressed! He had it planned out, and called my friends,and everything! It was so sweet!

I have 6 cake stands but one is only seasonal! I think every girl needs at least 10 or so to give you options!

Wish you were here too!

Ariana said...

10 points for Jamie!! What an awesome husband! The 60 balloons still crack me up...don't pop them all at once or you could get a helium high! (hahahaha) Glad you had a great b-day!

Melissa said...

So glad you had a great birthday! Yay for surprise parties!

Becca said...

You are so lucky to have such a great hubby! I'm glad it was a great birthday!

Liz said...

happy birthday emily! so sad we don't live close by so that we can all celebrate together! looks like jamie did an amazing job! happy 30!

Tonya said...

That is so sweet! What a good hubby. Birthdays shoudl be really special once in a while. Good for him for making it all about you. :)

Jessica & K.C. said...

I was so sad I couldn't make it because I'm in SC! You are looking fabulous and I'm so glad you had a happy birthday....Great job Jamie!!

brooklyn said...

happy birthday. i found you through sadie's blog. she and i used to live in the same apt. complex and she is so great. i think the last time i saw you was at the love sac opening in DC . anyways, I love your blog so many good ideas and fun things to see. you should check ours out at skanchyfam.blogspot.com
brooklyn

PG said...

Great gifts! I have the same microplane. I like the jars (in the back). I'd love a pantry full of jars like that. Is that a loaf pan with four minature loaf spots? If so - neat! If not...what the heck is that?