Wednesday, December 10, 2008

yesterday was just great. we woke up ( well jamie and ryan woke up at 9) i woke up at 6:30 am because my niece slept over and she had school. and of course i had to make her breakfast and pack a lunch. i mean any good aunt would do that. when i asked her if a turkey sandwich was ok, she replied, "i'll take a lunch if it is really good". hum, really good i thought to myself, i make a mean turkey sandwich. and then i asked her, do other kids take lunches to school? well, she replied, not really. and so that was that. i am officially out of the loop, at least in north carolina. so i gave her five bucks, hugged her and sent her on her merry way.

in the car later the three of us watson's went to lunch at a lake front restaurant (sundries) with killer food, southern food, fried, and yummy the sweet potato fries were evil i tell you! i will have to post pictures later, but when i do you will see that a duck outside the restaurant was captured by my husband and my son sat and petted the duck. not sure how sanitary it was, but never the less a duck was loved, and my two year old was supremely happy!

we also went paddle boating that afternoon, and i almost convinced myself to move here (almost). it is so beautiful. and peaceful, and did i say beautiful? we are all feeling relaxed, loved, full.... all the feelings you should feel on vacation, and i love jamie in his new jeans, and stress free countenance. it is the life and i wish we could stay here longer.

i also love just laying in bed and cuddling with my husband as we listened to the rain fall this morning.

i love that jamie's entire family had a great time at the dinner i hosted on sunday. there was 22 people and we had plenty of food, and games. it was exactly what i had hoped for, and more....

5 comments:

The Hessing's said...

Wow your trip sounds incredible som far and you SO deserve it!! But I miss you and cant wait to hit the gym either!! See ya in a few days!! Love ya

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I am SOOOO glad everything is going good for you guys. Jack is sick with the stomach flu today so we missed our last music class. Sad day. Hopefully we will all get over it before the big B-day!! Keep having fun!

Melissa said...

what a fun post. And I guess I'm out of the loop too, cause I would have packed her a lunch. It would have been really good though. LOL

the Kargis Family said...

Sounds like you are having a great time and you so deserve every minute of it. Enjoy the rest of your stay. I think I may be getting back into the swing of things now. Hawaii is only 1 1/2 months away for me.

Howling Pickup said...

Glad you are having such a fun time. Can't wait to see pictures when you get back.