Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Advent Calendar

I decided to compile a list of things I want to do in December! Some are my family traditions, and others are ones I want to start!

Attend the Festival of Trees (done)
Go Sledding
Go to our family condo in park City for a weekend (done)
Buy A tree (done, but Jamie actually bought it)
Go caroling
Make holiday cookies for my neighbors (done)
Go Ice skating
Make jalapeno jelly(done)
Have a Christmas party (done)
Attend the nutcracker ballet
Sing in the choir(done)
Make candy (done)
Address Christmas cards(done)
Watch the Christmas story (done)
Watch the Christmas classic cartoons (done)
Find some mistletoe (kiss under it) (done)
Go to a nice dinner with Jamie (done)
Buy a nice holiday dress
Turn on Christmas music and trim the tree! (done)
Play with Ryan in the snow
Go to a holiday movie (done)
Make Ribbon ornaments (done)
Make a jingle bell wreath
Work on homemade Christmas gifts (done)
Take Ryan to get a picture on Santa's lap
Have lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe after shopping
Buy Jamie's stocking stuffers (done)
Make hot cocoa and invite some neighbors over
Make a gingerbread house(I bought one at Costco to assemble) (done)
Eat peppermint Ice cream
Read the Christmas story (done)
Sing in a messiah sing along
Serve at the homeless center
Participate in the Twelve days of Christmas for a needy family

So I did pretty good! Next year Maybe I will complete my entire list.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

No wonder December is so busy (and sometimes stressful!)! They all sound wonderful though. Let us know when you check one off your list.

Emily said...

I am sure I wont do all the things on my list, but I want to try. It is my favorite time of year!