Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How do you cook your summer veggies?


We like ours the way a Spanish woman on my Mission taught me ... {So sad that I don't remember her name,I think she lived in Chowchilla} But I sure do remember her veggies... They were amazing!
You start with :

3 Medium sized Zucchini {sliced into thin rounds}
2 medium sized Yellow Squash {sliced into thin rounds }
1 Large Tomato {Chopped fine}
1 medium Onion {chopped fine}
1 clove garlic minced { optional}
Parmesan Cheese or Mexican Cotija Cheese.
4 Tablespoons Organic Butter or Olive Oil
Saute the Onions,Tomato and Garlic in 2 Tablespoons of Butter until the onions sweat or become translucent. The tomato will be cooked as well.

Then add the Squash and Zucchini and saute with the remaining butter until cooked to your liking. Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan, and season with sea salt and pepper.
{it is that easy}

Serve with Grilled Fish or Chicken { Or if you are like me, just eat it plain, because it is so good!}

I hope you are Enjoying your summer Gardens! And please share what your favorite summer garden recipes are!

1 comment:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

We like to slice our squash and zucchini in long thin slices and coat with olive oil and season with garlic and onion powder plus S&P and grill on the barbie! So yummy. Your's sounds really good too. We will have to try it!!