Friday, July 31, 2009

Rainy June

It rained and rained in June... Ryan and I were so anxious for warm weather. Every day we would spend time sitting on the porch watching the rain, we would cuddle up in a vintage green blanket, and even though we were cold we couldn't bare to come inside.


One day the rain stopped and we drove over to the Children's Gardens at Thanksgiving Point. They had large bright umbrellas in case of rain, we grabbed one and off we went to explore. It wasn't long before a huge storm blew in. I decided we should find shelter and saw a tent up ahead. It looked sturdy enough and so Ryan and I went and sat under it and the rain pounded above us... It was our adventure,we were cozy and dry... I let Ryan jump around and play with the umbrella.. HE WAS SO HAPPY. I started singing... the song from the sound of music..."Raindrops on Roses"{ We were the only people left in the gardens,and it seemed to fit the mood} He danced and played. It was a beautiful Mother and Son moment. Once the rain stopped we left,I think the gardens are prettier in the rain anyways...


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Too sweet! He's going to be glad you wrote this down years from now. Makes me want to snuggle my kids. You're such a great mom.

Unknown said...

What a lovely experience to share with your son. Moments like those make for great memories.
xx

BECKY said...

Fabulous mother and son moment indeed. How sweet. :)