Monday, February 8, 2010

Creme Brulee

I have been wanting to make Creme Brulee, I have made it before, but it was a long time ago... I think early 2002.I had a family dinner to go to, and I was in charge of the Dessert. I knew right away that THIS was what I was going to make.

{my creme brulee, in all its glory}

Really it is not a hard dessert to make, you just have to follow instructions and have patience, and the tools.

You need:
Ramekins, Turbinado Sugar or Sugar in the Raw, and a Torch{ because the best part is breaking through the sugary crust on top! }Lots of Eggs and Heavy Cream, And Vanilla Bean.

There are lots of recipes online, and they are all pretty similar. You should go crazy and try it!

{I used the recipe from Americas Test Kitchen Family Cookbook}

2 comments:

Taylor said...

that's looks delicious em! and so pretty.:) wouldn't heart shaped ramekins be perfect for valentine's day?

Melissa said...

YUM!!! I've got to get myself a torch!(Where did you purchase yours?)