Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yummy Desserts

I made a peach blackberry trifle for the Dutch oven night. It was delicious! The combination of sweet blackberries with organic ripe peaches is wonderful. I loved the color combination too! I started with making the vanilla custard {if you want the recipe let me know} Then I prepared the peaches and washed and dried the blackberries carefully. I also used a sponge cake and cut it into small squares.{you can also use short cake, or angel food cake but I like the moistness of a sponge cake. The sponge cake I used had a bit of orange zest} I whipped up some heavy whipping cream and sweetened it. Then you layer, the ingredients. You cant go wrong with a trifle at a party, there is never any leftovers.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Yes, it was delicious! I could have eaten the whole thing myself. That is if I could have kept it away from Josh! Thanks for making it! I need that recipe!